I’m sure you guys have noticed that I’ve been not quite on my game this week. I’ve been sick. My little one’s been sick. You know the story. :(
We’re on our way to recovery though and now that I’m finding my footing I wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for your support of my submission to the SacPress open. I’m so touched by how many of you took the time to register with SacPress just so you could leave a note and support me. You are unspeakably wonderful!
If I could I would grab a big group of people and sing my LOVE for you in a big-group-jam session. Just like these people below.
1) Dance: I am well aware that this is so “2000-late” as Fergie would say but, friggin A it’s an AWESOME dance routine. People will still be jamming to Single Ladies at weddings and junior proms when I’m old and gray. I’m sure you’ll recognize Heather Morris on the right, she’s in a little, not at all buzzy show called Glee. Perhaps you’ve heard of it?
2) Music: Speaking of ridiculous and wonderful. My good (imaginary) friend Shakira busted out with an encore in the parking lot after her Anaheim concert. Elian loves singing this song, I’m sure he’ll pick up the dance moves shortly. “oca, oca, oca…….” PS-Please direct any complaints about appropriateness to my Spam Folder. Shakira is serious business at Casa Perez.
3) Inspiration: The capacity for love that some people have never ceases to amaze me. Ck out the story “Love is a Battlefield” about a couple who went to war against Attachment Disorder for their son Daniel on last Saturday’s episode of This American Life. You can find it here.
4) Funny: My Dad also used to play 5 little pigs with our toes after we took baths. I’m not sure if this is why I think this commercial is hysterical.
5) Design: I love this Christmas shot from the long and dearly departed Blueprint magazine. Ths light fixture is actually a DIY light bright kind of thing made out of a canvas and string lights. Some parts of Casa Perez are in dire need of lighting so I think I might actually try to make one of these. Perhaps in time for Christmas?
I am in the city today “working” on a Mighty List project therefore I am already having a very happy Friday. I wish you one too!
1) Design: Here comes more magazine madness! Love the color palette, so bright and fresh. The flower rug and yellow fireplace are kiling me! Adore Home Magazine from Australia. Check it out here.
Image via Adore Home Magazine
2) Inspiration: My friend Tyler is posting the most beautiful and inspiring series on Doubt and Faith over on his blog. This week he talked about the lost act of presenting your Lamentations to God. Check it out here.
3) Design Pt. 2: I love this print. I am such a paranoid worrier that I should have it tatooed on my wrist.
Print can be find at The Love Shop on Etsy
4) Music: Could I love Sara Bareilles any more? It would be hard. Favorite lyric=Ride off into your delusional sunset.
5) Dance: Will I ever run out of such awesomeness? H to the no!
This is a trailer for a new danceshort dropping today. Happy Friday, yay! Sharp-eyed blog readers and dance fanatics will recognize Hok Konishi from the Creatives front and center.
1) Dance: I wish elections were as fun as this dance. After this number I decided I wanted Lauren to win, and she did! At the 0:55 min mark check out how far she goes back and how quickly she snaps back up. That my friends is crazy. Sometimes you can see dancers fatiguing in a difficult routine but not this girl. She backflips up a few times and then comes at Twitch like it aint no thang.
2) Music: Speaking of Kanye, I love this video of him rapping for the facebook staff. I follow him on Twitter and he provides a never-ending stream of cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy artists bon mots like “Sometimes I get emotional looking at fonts”. Love it.
“If you fall on your butt, that ass-phalt!”
3) Design: The on-line shelter mag renaissance is very encouraging. I love how the web is democratizing design! Ck out the newest contender here.
4) Stuff: Yikes, I just found out there is a whole series of books called Listography. You use them to make lists. Obviously I am in love. Ck them out here.
5) Books: Yet another celebrity memoir! I know, I know. This one offered up the promised snark and celebrity insider gossip that Kathy’s famous for but it wasn’t exactly what I expected. The book included some very honest and raw chapters about her brother and the collapse of her marriage. Kathy is a rabble rouser and a lot to handle but she’s also unafraid to be real and I love that.
1) Unimportant announcement: I joined twitter. I’m not sure that I get how to use it yet. It took me four years to learn how to blog effectively so… teach me people. How do I do it? You can find me @LaNotoriousMLE
2) Design: I love that this room looks relatively real. It’s achievable rather than ”aspirational” ie totally impossible unless you are crazy rich. I also love the white slipcovered sofa. I want one bad. Nobody thinks this is a good idea… of course nobody thought my white kitchen was a good idea either… so there!
via La Dolce Vita
3) Stuff: Sometimes I just think about these Pantone mugs randomly and dream that I am drinking out of one. That is weird. I know, I just can’t stop myself. I can only address the crazy that interferes with my daily functioning. The rest of it I just have to leave running wild in all it’s rainbow glory.
4) Food: I want to eat these. Like real bad. What if I had a Pantone Mug and a chocolate covered potato chip? What would I think about in my spare time? Recipe here.
via Chef Mommy
5) Music: Do you ever hear a song a zillion times and then one day hear it and realize it’s wonderful? That happened to me yesterday with P!nk’s Glitter in the Air. Beautiful. Might have to get the sheet music.
1) Blog Love: Garance Dore is a French fashion illustrator and photographer. She blogs about her daily life in the fashion world and is silly, sweet and funny. This week she’s been talking about how she became a fashion illustrator. I love stories about people’s career paths and hers has been extra fun. Check her out here.
2) Stuff: Love these cards. Arnold and I have the humor of teenagers and we love to say this to each other.
Cards from Spiffy Press. Pic via Orange Beautiful.
3) Music: I love this song so. Remember when Hip-hop was fun? I can’t get over the lyrics. I think my favorite line is “I use a word that don’t mean nothing like ‘lupid’”
4) Dance: So You Think You Can Dance has been a little weird this year. I think it’s hard because my expectations are a bit unrealistic. I want every single dance to blow me away. Last week Billy and Ade’s contemporary reached that bar. It is ridiculously beautiful. Billy’s face as he’s hanging in Ade’s arms towards the end devastates me every time. Watch it full screen.
5) Design: Lazy summer days. Love this collection of photos and especially the bathroom. If you need me I”ll just be sitting in my claw-foot tub looking out my cathedral window…