1) Movies: I have a major girlcrush on Anne Hathaway. I don’t know why, I just do. And no, I’ve never seen the Princess Diaries. Please! I have some dignity.
2) Blog Love: I’ve actually linked to this blog before but for some reason I never started reading it. Big Mistake! Huge! Hyperbole and Half is so funny I cried. Then I started randomly e-mailing it to my friends. I emailed it Alot! Oh, I mean a lot. Ck it out here.
3) Food/Blog Love: Erica’s blog My Colombian Recipes has a recipe for EVERYTHING Colombian. Last week she posted one of my absolute favorites. Limonada de Coco. I order it compulsively every time I have the opportunity. Check it out here.
via My Colombian Recipes
4) Dance: Dominic is a hometown dance hero and this freaky weird Clowns piece was one of the favorites on last season. I love the moment where they pretend to twist their necks off. Musicality! Somehow it’s macabre and fun at the same time.
5) Design: This is probably one of my all time favorite magazine house tours. The designing firm is Ashe+Leandro and I want to copy everything. Specially those floor pillows that look like rocks. How cool is that? And of course the white wood roof. I’m making my case. One blog post at a time.
From the Portfolio of Ashe+Leandro
1) Funny: Did you see the “rider” for Steve Martin’s banjo tour? Hilarious. Highlights include requests for “waterproof guyliner”. Check it out here.
2) Dance: The LXD launched last week. The plot seems a little thin but the dancing is great. Elian learned a lot of new moves already!
3) Design: I love white kitchens. Everyone I knew was vehemently against my idea to paint our cabinets white but now they all love it! I can assume that many people will also be vehemently against my assertion that butterfly wallpaper in the kitchen is wonderful as well….. hmmmmm…
via the late, great Domino Magazine
4) Movies: Per usual I’m late to this party but we finally got around to watching the movie UP a few weeks ago. I believe it’s the most beautiful movie I’ve seen in a long time. I’m still thinking about it a month later. Check out my friend Tyler’s review here.
5) Blog Love: Chez Larsson. I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to Benita. She is Swedish and handy and likes white slip covers and trips to NY. I love all her DIY projects although I think they do give me the false impression that I too could build my own desk if only I had the time!
- via Chez Larsson
PS Today over at Raising Colombian Kids I’m talking about the secret weapon for attachment ”Teteros”. Check it out here.
1) Fashion: I love EVERYTHING about this. I think I will be rooting around for a dramatic, floaty yellow skirt to go with my Panama hat. I’m sure the skirt will be turn me into a super-model roaming around a Cuban hotel, right?
- Pic from Vogue via This is Glamorous
2) Funny: I didn’t make it to a frat party in college but apparently now I’m getting the full experience. Check out why living with Toddlers is like a Frat Party here.
3) Dance: So You Think You Can Dance is starting to hit its stride. Last week Alex Wong practically got a standing ovation in our living room for KILLING IT dancing hip-hop with Twitch. I cannot tell you how incredibly difficult it is for a ballet dancer to dance hip-hop this well. Ballet training is pretty much the opposite of hip-hop. Our group was beside themselves with excitement watching this clip. NappyTabs make therapy look like fun.
4) Design – I love these library display bookshelves and I ‘m thinking I might be able to make some myself. Now if I could just get Elian to stop destroying books we’d be in bizness.
via Apartment Therapy
5) Movies: There are just so many movies and too little time/money/whatever to watch them lately. Love that about summer. I don’t usually go for this kind of movie. Normally I would just go watch Eclipse again (So much BETTER than the first two!) but if I get the chance I think I might go see this one. It just looks… cool. But perhaps stress-inducing? I’m still recovering from the Grey’s Anatomy season finale.
1) Music: Em D. sent me this awesome YouTube video of Paul Dateh’s Top40 violin mash-up. You will love it! I promise.
2) Design: Pink and green is fresh like flowers. This apartment is totally me. That fuschia couch. Please! I die!
Karen Barlow's House via Design Sponge
3) Movies: The new A-Team trailer is hilarious. For our anniversary this weekend Arnold and I are visiting my new favorite place: The drive-in!
4) Food: Last week at the Filipino Fiesta I had me some Avocado ice cream. I wasn’t going to but then when I found at they are based in my hometown of Pittsburg, CA it was kind of like I was obligated to eat the ice-cream. I was also obligated to sample the macapuno and pandan flavors. If you see Magnolia Ice Cream at your Asia Mart I suggest you do the same.
5) Fun: I love this Nike Ad I saw featured on Slate.com, unsuprisingly it has a big name director: Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu is one of Mexico’s big three. Check it out and pay attention!
1) Movies: Amelie is hands-down my favorite movie. Its’ director Jean-Pierre Pierre Jeunet has a new movie coming out that looks great. Can’t wait till it comes to Sac!
2) Food: Remember the Carrot Cake Cookies? Well my friend Kat found a recipe for some. God bless the internet. You can find the recipe here.
Image and Recipe via In Praise of Leftovers
3) Fashion/Blog Love: I can’t get over these beautiful pictures of Emma Watson and another one of my favorite “pretty” blogs “This is Glamorous”. Check out more here.
Love Emma Watson. Image via This is Glamorous
4) Music/Manjoyment: I’ve been singing Good Vibrations all week ever since I heard it on Glee. The cover of Beck’s “Loser” also rocked. The 90s were a wonderful time good people! Feel the vibration! C’mon, c’mon! Feel it! Feel it!
5) Design: I may have been somewhat dissapointed in SATC2′s writing but I loved the set design per usual. I have no problem moving in to Carrie and Big’s apartment.
I pretty much love it all which is surprising since my house is totally different. That may be of course because Carrie and Big are both fictional and very rich while I am real and a civil servant.