1) Movies: Amelie is hands-down my favorite movie. Its’ director Jean-Pierre Pierre Jeunet has a new movie coming out that looks great. Can’t wait till it comes to Sac!
2) Food: Remember the Carrot Cake Cookies? Well my friend Kat found a recipe for some. God bless the internet. You can find the recipe here.
Image and Recipe via In Praise of Leftovers
3) Fashion/Blog Love: I can’t get over these beautiful pictures of Emma Watson and another one of my favorite “pretty” blogs “This is Glamorous”. Check out more here.
Love Emma Watson. Image via This is Glamorous
4) Music/Manjoyment: I’ve been singing Good Vibrations all week ever since I heard it on Glee. The cover of Beck’s “Loser” also rocked. The 90s were a wonderful time good people! Feel the vibration! C’mon, c’mon! Feel it! Feel it!
5) Design: I may have been somewhat dissapointed in SATC2′s writing but I loved the set design per usual. I have no problem moving in to Carrie and Big’s apartment.
I pretty much love it all which is surprising since my house is totally different. That may be of course because Carrie and Big are both fictional and very rich while I am real and a civil servant.
I loved the end of Lost, I thought it was really beautiful and poetic. Now that it’s gone I really miss it. With so many choices for television now it seems rare that a show is so engaging that it actually becomes “water cooler” worthy.
Also… LOST wasn’t just smart and interesting it was also full of hot guys and lots of plausible excuses for them to go shirtless.
I found the following video last week and after careful consideration Jin Kwon came out the winner on the hot shirtless, guy contest. I know! I was surprised too! He definitely was not shirtless enough. I guess the writers were too busy killing him off multiple times. Let me know who your favorite was. :)
1) Dance: DWTS fans. Nicole Scherzinger RIPPED it up tangoing with Derek Hough on this week’s show. I cannot even find the words to describe how difficult it is to do what she did in this dancing. I love how he lifts her with one foot, slooooowly at the end. Absolutely beautiful.
2) Manjoyment: It’s the weekend ladies. Thanks Vogue and GQ for giving us the following Gleeks:
You know those Spanish teachers are sexy under their sweater vests....
3) Blog Love: I’m late to this party but I just learned about the Pioneer Woman’s blog. It is funny stories, recipes and photo advice all in one. This really doesn’t describe the awesomeness that is the blog but it’ll have to suffice. Check it out here.
4) Food: I had a rough time this week and several of my friends helped me out in lots of different ways. One of them brought cookies. Peanut-butter chocolate cookies! Clearly she reads the blog. They were deliciousness and they are all gone two days later. Oops.
via CPB Gallery
5) Inspiration Board: This was one of my favorite Domino mag spreads. Le sigh. I still miss Domino the way one misses an old boyfriend. You know it’s over but it’s hard to get it out of your system.
This is Rashida Jones NY studio. When i am a retiree I shall have a white french style sofa in my NY studio. I have decreed it, it must be so!
And bonus: I loved Michelle’s post about marriage yesterday. She nailed it. Check out here.